Trombone Rhythm Game TROMBONE CHAMP -The story hidden in this work is a parody of the Dark Soul series [Developer Interview]

This project is an interview with the developer of the new indie game that you are interested in. This time, we will provide a mini-in-tube to the developers Trombone Champ , a trombone rhythm game released on September 16 for PCs and PCs.

This is a rhythm game using tromb1. The songs include more than 20 songs, such as classical, electronica, and forks, and you can enjoy elements such as collection of 50 unique trombone cards. At the time of writing, it is not compatible with Japanese.

Trombone Champ is being distributed for 1,520 yen.

— First, please introduce yourself. What is your favorite game?

Dan Macchiato (DAN) Hello, this is Dan Macchiato, the lead programmer and creator of this work. This work was made as a hobby while my wife Jackie helps art.

It's difficult to choose one of your favorite works! Games that I think are almost perfect are Down well, Legend of Grim rock 2, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Tower fall. Recently, I am playing Zelda's Legend of Breath of the Wild again, but it is a wonderful work even if I play now. There are too many interesting games now!

――Why did this work develop?

Dan I can't blow trombone and I don't really like rhythm games... I just thought the idea of this work was interesting! I envisioned someone playing a trombone rhythm game using a big trombone controller. Then I made a prototype, but this was better than I thought. And I thought this was a good idea to create a completed version. And I thought I could make it right away... I would be completed in six months. Actually, it took a longer time!

―― Please tell me the characteristics of this work.

DAN This work is a game where unusual ideas and interesting ideas are mixed. The main part of this work is just an interesting trombone music game. But there is a hidden story, which is a parody of the Dark Soul series. There are hidden characters and items that can be unlocked.

This work is all comedy. I scattered strange jokes everywhere. If I had an idea that was interesting, I put anything in this work... even a terrible design. For example, when a player unlocks new items, players have to click the treasure chest 99 times. It's a terrible design, but it's interesting!

――What kind of person do you want this work to play?

Dan I like to make games that anyone can play! The previous work was a typing game for two people, and many people enjoyed it, including those who are not hardcore gamers. This work is the same. Hardcore gamers can aim to take the score S in all songs, but casual gamers can also enjoy. If you're not good at it, it will go wrong.

— Is there any work influenced by this work?

Dani's appearance was influenced by the Super Smash Bros. series and Dance Revolution. The story is quite a parody of Dark Soul. The cards that can be collected are parody of Hearthstone and Yu-Gi-Oh. This work is full of parody!

――Do you plan to support this work? Is volunteer translation possible?

DAN Yes, I would like to respond to Japanese and other languages! In fact, I think it would be great if you could see the arcade game housing of this work in Japan. I didn't expect this work to be so popular, so I thought it would be okay to respond to other languages later. However, I was able to gain more popularity beyond imagination, so I need to make a translation work in a hurry!

――What had an impact on the development of the new Coronavirus?

There was Dan! Since we live in New York, the development has been considerably slow in the first half of 2020. During this period, we had to concentrate the nerves considerably in basic things. How do you buy food? How do I cut my hair? That is the case. It was a difficult time to work. In addition, since this work was developed as a hobby, work was done at night and weekends. We have a full-time job! Anyway, 2020 was a crazy year. It was crazy in 2021. It was a difficult period to live as an American!

――Is it okay to distribute or monetize this work?

DAN is okay!

-Finally, please give a message to Japanese readers.

Dan I was teaching English on Nova in Tokyo for a year after graduating from college. I definitely want to go to Japan again. I love Japanese lively game culture. Furthermore, I hope everyone can enjoy this work!

We are planning to promote multilingual response to this work, but it may take some time. I would be glad if you can wait! Thank you very much.

--thank you very much.

Comments

Popular Posts